Episode 8, October 6, 2015
by Bill Quinn
(Technical note: Due to some major computer-related hurdles, this episode is very late in being posted. Some of the times mentioned, such as two weeks left in the Indiegogo campaign, are considerably off.)
Download this episode on Pod-o-Matic
Learn more about all the great work of the KIOO Project in the links below:
- Help this excellent program on Indiegogo before time runs out on October 8th. Your money will support their work with students in India.
- Here's the KIOO Project's excellent web site with a lot more information plus pictures from Haiti and Kenya.
- Purchase some of the photographs discussed in this episode, plus other great pictures, to support the organization.
- Follow the project with regular updates from India on Instagram.
- Watch videos to see KIOO in action!
- Learn more about Babita Patel by visiting her web site.
A huge THANK YOU and shout out to Julia Firestone for supporting the podcast and connecting me with Babita and the KIOO Project. And another big thank you to Babita for being a fantastic guest, for patiently waiting for me to figure out technical issues (a reoccurring theme here at the BQ Podcast) and for not openly judging me when I didn't realize my web cam and microphone were broadcasting as I ranted to myself about the less-than intuitive Google On Air controls. And lastly, thank you NOFX for not bothering me about stealing your song. However your unresponsiveness to my requests for permission may have finally wore me down. I will have to find a new song to lead me to the promised land: Itunes.