Episode 5+ (extra stuff!)
By Bill Quinn
Here at the Bill Quinn Podcast, one of our favorite organizations is CityScience for their role in supporting New York City STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education. We featured CityScience in episode five but I had to cut some interesting stories and highlights due to time constraints. Recently I went back, deep into the archives, and dug out those stories that got cut our first go-round. A few edits and voila--this week's episode! You’ll hear the Founder and Director, Thor Snilsberg, talk about his favorite moments and projects including pickling food, advising students who led the first urban forestry study and a kid who hacked into a school's wifi.
Download this episode here.
- Inspired to give on Giving Tuesday? Here you go!
- Learn more about the nuts and bolts of CityScience in episode five and by visiting their home page.
- Are you a science teacher? You’ll want to check this out.
- Here’s a tour of social media sites: Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
- Maybe you’re into donating your time—they’re into that too!
My thanks again go to Thor Snilsberg and all the great people at CityScience who, even five years in, still have such enthusiasm and excitement for their work. Getting to be a part of that, for however briefly, makes running this little operation worthwhile. And a shout-out to Kristen Cordero for connecting me with Thor. Thanks Kristen!